Financial Planning is one of the most important steps in developing a plan for your financial future. Our financial planners will assist with creating a "road map" which will document your current standings, pinpoint strengths and weaknesses and establish a plan to assist with accomplishing your financial goals. To assist in creating a in depth and inclusive plan, MLP's financial planners will develop a wide range of financial scenarios such as:
- Help you create viable options in your financial future.
- Analyze your future investment risk.
- Show the effects of Asset Allocation Withdrawals on your net worth over time.
- Show how your net worth is affected by saving strategies, inflation, taxes, mortgages, and loans.
- Implement itemized budget scenarios.
- Create a manageable credit card debt payoff strategy.
- Understanding the time value of money and the effect of compounding interest.
- Showing how various saving strategies are affected by your future financial events.
- Develop a savings strategy for buying a home.
- Mortgage options including a comprehensive refinancing analysis.
- Examine the effects on your net worth of additional lump-sum or periodic payments to your mortgage.
- Track your Income and Expenses for multiple properties.
- Develop a savings strategy for your child’s college education. Revenue Code Section 529 college investments implemented.
- Develop a savings strategy for your retirement. Including built in minimum required distribution (RMD).
- Examine the effects of penalty-free withdrawals from your retirement accounts with the built in Rule 72t analysis.
Preserving your assets requires comprehensive strategic planning. Relying on consistent and effective guidance can be very beneficial as you strive to meet your financial goals.
The goal of our wealth planning team is to provide reliable guidance by utilizing our extensive experience and proven results. Prior to making any recommendation or even discussing potential products; our wealth managers extensively review your financial goals, current assets and liabilities, potential income and expenses and test against a multitude of potential circumstances. We establish your risk tolerances and then create a financial roadmap to better assist in materializing your goals.
Knowing that no two individuals are the same, our planners use your specific financial objectives as a basis to structure a well suited financial plan.
MLP specializes in the following wealth management categories and can help experienced through first time investors obtain their financial goals:
- 401(k) Review
- IRA & ROTH IRA Benefits
- College Funding/Planning
- Pension / Retirement Planning & Feasibility
- Estate and Succession planning
As college tuition increases year after year, we cannot stress the importance of implementing a college savings plan (529) as early in your child’s life as financially possible. Our financial consultants will layout a financial plan designed to help provide your child with the financial means necessary for them to achieve their academic goals.
Please note: Investments in 529 plans involve risks to principal and may involve additional fees such as enrollment charges and annual maintenance fees. 529 plans offer no guarantees. Depending on your state of residence and the state of residence of the beneficiary, the plan may or may not be eligible for state tax benefits. There are exceptions to the gift tax and estate tax exemptions; please contact a qualified tax, legal or financial advisor for more information prior to investing.
An investor should consider the risks, objectives, charges, and expenses associated with the 529 plan before investing. This information and more is available in the issuer’s official statement, which can be obtained through the products sponsors or by contacting your financial advisor. Read it carefully before investing.
An investor should also consider before investing whether the investor’s or designated beneficiary’s home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in such state’s qualified tuition program.
401(k) Planning & Review
This qualified retirement plan allows eligible employees to contribute a certain amount of compensation on a pre-tax basis; earnings are tax deferred. Employers may match a stated percentage of employee contributions to the plan. In many cases, employees have general responsibilities for investment choices and enjoy the direct tax savings. The reduced cost and liability of 401(k) plans appeals to many employers.
IRA & Roth IRA Benefits
An IRA is a tax-deferred retirement savings account that allows individuals to contribute a limited amount per year. A traditional IRA may allow individuals, depending on their incomes and participation in employer-sponsored retirement plans, to deduct part or all of their contributions on their tax returns. Withdrawals made after age 59½ are taxed at the current tax rate. In contrast, Roth IRAs allow individuals to withdraw earnings tax free, provided they have owned the account for five years and are at least age 59½. Contributions are made with after-tax dollars.
Estate & Succession Planning
This process plans for the orderly administration and disposition of a person’s assets after he or she dies.